Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Save The Dates...Sent

Hey everyone...so I have been extremely busy for the past couple of weeks and clearly haven't had the time to post any new blogs. Things have gotten really crazy for me. I am nearing the end of my second to last semester for my second bachelor's degree. I have two more finals tomorrow and then I am officially done. This semester really wasn't that bad, and my finals have gone fairly well so far so I can't really complain.

But, there is still a wedding to plan. I just looked at my knot.com profile and we are under 200 for the countdown. 199 days until I am married to the love of my life. Six months out and I am now sending out save the dates. Yep, I decided to send them. Me and a friend designed them and I printed them at Kinkos (well Fedex Office but I will always know it at Kinkos) and I really like them. They didn't turn out exactly the color that I wanted them, they are a little darker than I would like, but I did a woosah and refused to go bridezilla at the printer and left them like they were. They are still very pretty and they do the job. Plus they were well under budget because they were having a sale on Christmas card printing at Kinkos so that was even better. I sent most of them out today and am waiting for few more addresses, but here is a picture of what the card looked like:


It took me a while to figure out the wording for the inside, but I think I came up with something that fit both Christmas and Save the Date. 

Wording:

Christmas is a season of love and we are excited to announce this season, that we will be making a commitment to forever love, honor and cherish. We would be honored to have your presence at this life changing event. Merry Christmas from the future Mr. & Mrs. Gobble. 

Only my out of town family and friends are getting them, so I was able to save a lot of money on Save the Dates. John really wasn't a fan of the idea, but they really are important. Especially since our wedding is a few days before the 4th of July. That is a popular vacation weekend, and you need to get on people's calendar if you want them to be at your wedding.

Well, I am still plugging along at saving my pennies. I had to start all over because I cashed in what I had already collected. If I can keep getting deals and sales, I think this wedding can end up under my budget. Oh yea, I just found out that one of the ladies at my church who I am pretty close with wants to make the flower girl dress. Really happy about that. It will definitely save money. She said at the most it would cost $40.00 to make it depending on the fabric that we choose. The average price for a David's Bridal flower girl dress was like $100.00. Since she will definitely grow out of it as soon as she wears it, there is no need to spend that much on a little girl's dress. I am all for the idea. Just gotta get together with the flower girl and her mother to pick out some stuff that she would like. Yay...everything is coming together quite nicely as far as the plans are concerned. 

I hope everyone enjoys their holiday, if I don't get the chance to write another post before Christmas. Save those pennies. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice save the dates. I know you made mention that the ladies at church was goingt to make the flower girl dress but I just posted something I thought you might appreciate in saving money on the flower girl dress. Super cute dresses under $50.00. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Save the Dates look great!! And I love your idea of combining them with your Christmas cards. Hope you had a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete