Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Punctuality is Important





So I am 8 months away from my wedding and I am really getting excited and all that good stuff. I went to a wedding on Sunday and decided that I am determined to start on time and not draw out the ceremony. I mean really, both me and John value timeliness and he even teases me sometimes when I purposefully try to arrive late to gatherings because I know that if I get them on time (5-10 minutes early) I will be sitting there staring at the host for an hour if not sitting in my car waiting for somebody to get there LOL.

I know, you are sitting there reading this like, yea right, you are having an African American wedding, CP time will win out. Well, if you are thinking that, then you will miss out on my wedding.

I am so serious. I want my wedding to start on time and I want it to last at the most 45 minutes. Is that too much to ask for? Here are some tips for any of you brides who want to have a wedding that starts on time and ends in a timely manner:

1. Tell people it starts a half an hour to an hour before it actually starts. You know the people in your family who can't arrive to anything on time. What's the harm in telling them it starts at 3:30 and it actually starts at 4:30? At the most they will surprise you and be there early and can then help you get things prepared. Sounds good to me.

2. Make sure the bride, groom, bridal party, and minister are there on time because then you can start even if people aren't there. Hey if you show up a half an hour late, that's on you. Bridal party includes parents, grandparents and family members. Hey the important people were there so that's all that matters right?

3. Have all the bridal party sleep at the same place and make sure to provide transportation to the venue so they have no excuse.

4. Limit the amount of solos, poetry readings, dance performances etc that your wedding will have so that your ceremony won't end up being 2 hours long. I mean really, I love a good wedding, but the important stuff is the vows and the "I do's". LOL

5. Finally, go a little bridezilla and hand out a schedule to people (bridal party) so they know when everything will happen and make sure everyone know's where and what time they need to be at each place.

LOL You may be sitting there laughing hysterically at this post, but I am strongly considering having a 30 minute ceremony so that I can spend time with everyone and not have to rush. Because I am trying to limit the reception to just close friends and family and both me and John (mainly John) have a lot of people who will want to participate in some way, we are thinking about having small hors d'ouvres after the ceremony at the church. That means things need to be timely so that we can thank everyone, take pictures and be on time for the reception. 

If you agree with my post let me know that I am not being bridezilla and have a point please leave a comment. Anyway, just for the record, I am loving blogging and am always finding new ways to save my pennies. Love you all and thanks for reading. 

1 comment:

  1. LOL, we do have a lot in common - you could be talking about my family and friends! You're totally not being Bridezilla for wanting to use your time wisely. I'm planning a short ceremony, too. After all, it's the party afterwards and hanging out with all your loved ones that's the really fun part!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete