Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mother of the Bride Dress

Hey everyone, I had a pretty productive day today. I am following my knot.com task check list to stay on top of all the things that need to be done for this wedding. The next up on the list was to finalize the DJ and to buy the ceremony decorations. Check and Check. My big brother Johnathan is going to be our DJ for the reception. This is turning out to be a family effort and I am really appreciative of all the help.

I also talked to my godmother the other day and she will be doing my hair and she also offered to do my make-up. I am really happy about that. She is excellent. There are only 3 people that I really trust to do my hair, my mother, my cousin and my godmother. For whatever reason, I have had bad experiences going to hairdressers. But, anyway that is settled now.

Now for the ultimate wedding saving thing that happened today. My mother has been looking for her dress for the wedding and hadn't found the one yet. Until today. Well, my aunt really found it for her. Here is a picture of the dress. Take a look at it and try and guess how much she paid for it.


Wait for it...wait for it. $30.00. Yup a similar dress was at David's Bridal for over $200.00 and my aunt found this dress for $30.00. Super happy for my mom. It is perfect and its a light fabric, perfect for a summer wedding and its absolutely beautiful. If you know how to shop and take the time to find what you need in the price range you are comfortable with, you can find just about anything within your price range.  

Lesson for today, my aunts are probably the best shoppers that I know. LOL. Well that's it for today. Save those pennies and bargain shop. Its actually really fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment