Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Wedding Theme - Ribbon in the Sky




So, I have been telling everyone that the theme of our wedding is kind ribbon in the skyish. I think I am going to make it official and just go ahead and make this the theme. The invitations, place cards and ceremony programs will all have swirls on them (the ribbon part), the colors are skyesque (blue and silver). The song is sort of old school which both me and John love, so I think it serves the purpose. Not to mention, the words to the song are really powerful.

The main reason I settled on this idea today was because I was looking for an alternative to bubbles, rice and glitter to "send us off" when we leave the church. I was looking through the blogosphere and came across this cute little DIY project called "Ribbon Wands". I think they are really cute and easy to make (I probably need about 500 of them LOL). Which is why the bubbles idea wasn't very ideal anymore. I would have to buy 500 containers of bubbles for the ceremony attendants. Yup, you read that right, our ceremony attendants list is nearing 500. CRAZY. Still gonna rattle around some ideas, but I think this one is really cute and I won't need to be super DIY bride to make it happen. It also popped out to me because the project was displayed in our wedding colors.

DIY Ribbon Wands

Here I am saving the DIY instruction link for future use: http://thetwips.com/blog/diy-ideas/ribbon-in-the-sky-diy/

                                               
I think this is very pretty and classic looking. Falling more in love with the idea with every google search.

Anyway, does anybody have any other ideas on how to incorporate the "Ribbon in the Sky" theme into our wedding. I am looking for a cute way to ask people to give marriage advice at our reception. Have a wonderful day and save those pennies.

3 comments:

  1. Love this ribbon wand idea. Dramatic and different yet inexpensive. Looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspired me to do a look for less on ribbon band. Also, featured on my blog, hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool...Anything that will help other brides get great ideas that won't cost a lot.

    ReplyDelete