Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Don't Stop the Music

So I am a couple days away from exactly 2 months until our wedding. I know these last two months are going to fly by. There is so much left to do, but I feel good about the progress I am  making and following my checklist on theknot.com. The invitations are almost ready to send out. I will be sending them about 2 weeks early, because we have quite a few people coming in from out of town and I didn't get to send out save the dates to all of them. Saturday, the post office will see me with my over 200 invitations. Yikes LOL.

Well, on to what I am really here to talk about today. The music. My brother Johnathan will be the DJ for the reception and we will be using all live music at the church for the ceremony. My brother and cousin will be singing a song, and one of the girls from Sixth Mount Zion will be singing as well. The only song that I haven't been able to nail down is the exit song. I need an upbeat, celebration song to send the bridal  party off.

For the reception, Me and John will be getting together with my big brother to get a list of songs together. I have already picked a song for our first dance and its one of my all time favorites. I have been trying to get John to choreograph our first dance. Something like Dancing with the Stars. John, you think you can do the split Jaleel White did in his last dance on DWTS? Hehe. Here's the video in case you want to practice ;-)


Ok, now the fun stuff of this blog post. Its time for all of you to play DJ. Like I mentioned before, I have yet to choose a celebration song to leave the ceremony, and if anyone has any songs that would be good to play at the reception, I would love to hear from you. Just leave a comment on this blog. I know my aunt requested some oldies. You know we gotta pull out some of the oldies, that was when music was real music. What are some of your favorite old school songs? How about dance songs? Anybody who has been to a party thrown by my family can tell you we love the line dances. Gotta stock up on all of them.  

Well, I hope everyone enjoys your day. Don't forget to save those pennies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment