Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Signed, Sealed, Delivered


Hey everyone. Two months until our wedding and guess what, yup the invitations have been sent out. I am super excited about them. I personally think they are the best invitations I have seen, but I am of course bias. Thanks to my buddy PJ for helping me design them. The pictures do not do them justice. I still have a few to send out, but I have been lazy and haven't gotten around to sending them, but the bulk of them have been sent out and I have heard from people who have gotten them. 

Ok...I will admit, they were slightly over budget, but I feel that I got exactly what I want for about the same price as if I would have bought something I wasn't completely in love with. I made 260 of these invitations as well as reply cards and 2 different direction cards. The paper is shimmery silver (which took me forever to find) and the envelopes were on sale buy two get one free. I had coupons and got a bulk discount as well. John laughed at me the whole time I called all over the city to get the price I wanted, but ended up actually under budget if you add in the stamps. Because I didn't use reply cards that needed envelops and the paper was a lighter weight, I didn't have to pay extra to send the invitations. All in all, I think I got a pretty good deal with these considering the custom work and the specialty paper. 


What they look like closed



The opened invitation and RSVP postcard

I also have already gotten some RSVPs back. So love people who are punctual and send in the RSVPs back before the deadline, but I know there will be a ton that I will have to call next month to get a final head count. 

I really hope that I did not offend anyone. Me and John are paying for this wedding ourselves and are doing everything within our power to include as many people as we can. I personally wanted a small intimate garden wedding, but given the fact that my family is very large that is virtually impossible. But, anyway, I hope everyone who received or will receive the invitations loves them as much as I love them. If you are reading this and would like to know where we are registered, all the information is on our wedding website. But, to keep you from going multiple places, we are registered at Target, Macy's & JC Penney. I will be adding new items as often as I can. 

Our day is coming up really quickly. Yes, I am excited, but honestly, I am more excited to spend time with my honey at the honeymoon. We may argue and disagree on stuff, but John, you are without a doubt the best man for me and I am so happy that you will be my husband. 

Save those pennies everyone and enjoy your evening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment