Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Brandy's Bougie Bridal Bananza

Hey everyone. I know its been a while since my last post. As everyone can imagine, its been so crazy. With about a month and a half until the big day, things are getting crazier and crazier. Weddings bring out something strange in people, but oh well on to happier things like the wonderful bridal shower that I had. It was perfect. I have been saying that I wanted something small and intimate since our wedding is going to be rather large. Well, my mom kept inviting people to the shower and I just gave up on my small and intimate affair, just like I did with the wedding. But, it turns out that it was a small and intimate affair after all.

My mom and bridesmaids are the best. Some of the highlights of the day were:

1. My cousin and bridesmaid coming from North Carolina to surprise me. The funniest part was the fact that I had just talked to her earlier in the week and she was saying how she wouldn't be able to make it. I was totally cool with that, but then I saw her drive up, it really made me happy. Thanks Blaire.

2. My maid of honor's bougie bridal shower ideas. Watches and such as prizes for games, custom made raffle tickets with the wedding theme design on them and last but not least chocolate bars with custom made labels with the wedding theme on them. The name of this post pretty much sums up my bridal shower. Love it. LOL

3. My friend Erica driving all the way from Ohio when she heard that her invitation got lost in the mail somehow. I told her when the bridal shower was going to be and she made her way here. I have some really great friends. Thanks Erica. Love you girl.

4. Two words: Gas Card. LOL

5. The most amazing bougie desserts a bridal shower could ever have. My aunt Mar made various flavors of parfaits (most places call them shooters) and there were even mini spoons to eat them with.

6. The huge smile on my fiance's 91 year old grandmother face when I opened up various lingerie sets.

7. Last, but certainly not least, the family and friends who came out to celebrate such a life changing event in my life. I am so grateful to have such great family and such great friends.

Pictures are to come. Once again thanks so much for everyone who came out to celebrate this special day with me. I really enjoyed myself and had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment