Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Reception Guest List

  


The first thing most wedding check lists tell you to do is sit down and come up with a tentative guest list. Yea...this took us a year and a half to do. We finally have a tentative guest list (for the reception) and surprisingly it is right at our limit. Now, I know you are probably sitting there thinking, "reception guest list?". Yes, since we are paying for our own wedding we decided to try and have a smaller reception (200 people or less lol) and invite everyone to come to the wedding. The reception is the most costly part of any wedding. I wanted to have a venue that had a nice garden outside area and was pretty for pictures on the inside. I believe the place we chose has the best of both worlds (cost effective & pretty grounds).

  
Now, the fun stuff begins. Where do all these people sit? LOL Yup the dreaded seating chart. In many ways, this will be the first time my family and extended family meets John's family and extended family. This is not going to be one of those weddings where everybody knows everybody and its just a matter of sitting the people who will like each other together. Yea, mostly everyone will be strangers to each other. My family will know my family/friends and his family will know his family/friends. We do want to mix it up and put some of my family/friends at a table with some of his family/friends. I hope it works.

I am getting excited for our big day to be here. I just have 3 months of school/med school waiting to get in the way of that excitement. This is crunch time for a lot of things in my life. Hey, if the world ends in December at least I can say that I had a fulfilling year hehe. But for real, I talked to my brother last night and he told me basically what everyone has been telling me. "You need somebody to help you." Trust me, everyone will have a task to do. I am thinking about who to ask to help me with the wedding coordination on the actual day. They would need to have the flow of the day down packed and be able to tell everyone where they need to be for the rehearsal and make sure things run smoothly on the actual day. If any of my family/friends know a good person, let me know. But, I will definitely need help in the months ahead.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day. They say we are getting snow to move in here this evening. Drive safely and save those pennies. I'm serious about this, every little bit help. Smile for the camera.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dawn,
    I'm very excited for you and John. I don't know if I'm invited or not, but if you think that I can do anything to help you out on your special day, please don't hesitate to ask me. I have watched you grow up in the Lord and am truly impressed with your accomplishments. May you special day be filled with more blessings than you know what to do with.
    Continued Blessings,
    Sister Carole Lee

    ReplyDelete