Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Flowers are a Penny Pincher's Worst Nightmare

I have been putting off looking for flowers since I got engaged. Despite the fact that I am not really a flower person, they are so expensive. I really don't think that its worth it to buy fresh flowers for your wedding day and then a week later, if you're lucky, they are dead. A couple of my bridesmaids suggested using candles for the bridesmaids bouquets. I really like that idea, but I still want something more. I've looked on Martha Stewart's website and found some cute things, but they would take a lot of time to pull off. She had flower bouquets made of ribbons. All my bridesmaids would have to pull out their sewing kit and start making blue and silver flowers LOL. Here's a picture of it.

They would be really pretty if the bridal party had the patience and creativity to pull it off. Ribbons and thread,  I kinda like them, but I am not sure yet.

I really like the idea one of my bridesmaids gave me about having each bridesmaid walk down the aisle with a candle and place it in a candelabra, but what would they hold during the wedding and more importantly during the pictures? I am so confused. And ultimately, what am I gonna carry. I saw this bouquet on a website and it caught my eye, but it is so expensive.
Love in Blue Bouquet in Munhall PA, Community Flower Shop
It definitely agrees with my personal style, classy with a quirk, but I can't get past the fact that it is almost $100.00. Ugh what is a frugal bride to do?

1 comment:

  1. If you don't mind using faux flowers, you should check out Michaels!They always run their flowers at least 40% off and you can make your bouquet well in advance!!!! I personally don't care for them, so I'll be splurging (it's one of my few splurges) but I'll be using the local flower market so they're well below the florist prices!!!! Check it out...maybe you could use real flowers for your bridal party and then faux flowers for the reception venue?

    ReplyDelete