Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pennies Are My Wedding's Best Friend

So, I have been getting some strange looks from people on my DIY projects. Yes, I want to save money by doing some things myself, but I also want to do some of this stuff to have a personal touch to my wedding. I mean why have someone design your invitations when you are practically a Microsoft Publisher Pro? How will I know what I can do if I don't try some things out? My mom is still clowing me about my boutoniner experiment.

I also got a joking response from some of John's friends asking him why he has me saving pennies to pay for our wedding. Hey why not? If people don't want them how about I save them. AND I got my first donation on my blog. I wants so happy that I sent John a Facebook message to tell him. His response: lol...ok. SMH He will be happy soon enough when my plan works LOL. I would like to thank the person who broke the ice and decided to help. I was so excited, I couldn't believe it. Thank you again.

So my next fun experiment is to decorate my own veil. I was looking around Joann Fabric's website and found this:



Ten Bucks People. I mean come on. All the veils at the bridal stores cost like $200. I can buy a hot glue gun, pearls, jewels and needle and thread and see what I come up with. For ten bucks I can mess up a couple times and still save a bunch of money and have fun while I'm at it. Who knows what I will come up with.

Well that's it for today. Save those pennies.

No comments:

Post a Comment