Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Experimenting On My Day Off

So for the first time in a long time, I have a day off and I think I am going to take a fun trip to Joann Fabrics have start some experimenting. Since my friend (shout out to Gab) gave me the most amazing book, I am going to try out some of the crafts in it. The first one is the boutonnieres. They make it look so easy in the book. All you need is your choice of flowers, flower tape and a pin and you just roll up the flowers in the tape and voila there is your boutonneires. Sounds easy enough. Here are some ideas.

      

There is some stuff about them all that I dont like, but its good to have something to start with before going. I am also gonna look at decorating my own veil. They have plain veils at Joann Fabrics and I'm going to decorate it with pearls and rhinestones to match my dress. Like I said before, me and Joann are gonna be best friends by the end of this whole process. Since I have a whole year, I feel like I have time to make mistakes and make stuff that I don't like. Well. thats it for now. Enjoy your day and save those pennies.

Here is what I came up with...I think they are pretty cool for my first attempt. My mom and stepdad like the second one the best (2nd & 3rd pictures are of the same project).



No comments:

Post a Comment