Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Stamps: One Big Hidden Cost

So, while I was thinking about what to do about save the dates and invitations this thought came into my mind. "Sending all these invitations may cost more than the actual invitation". I mean how much are stamps right now? $0.43 a piece and I have to put them on all the save the dates, invitations and reply cards. So while I am saving my pennies for the larger costs, I almost forgot about the little necessary cost in stamps. What would be your solution? I came up with a little plan. Just in case the postal service decides they aren't making enough money, I am going to buy stamps a little at a time. The problem with that plan is that I don't think they sell those cute little wedding stamps as forever stamps. So, anyone who receives invitations from me, will get whatever they have. LOL One of my coworkers had polar bear stamps on her save the dates. Now a picky bride would want the stamps to match the theme or have those cute little rings on them, but I can't be picky. So, don't talk about me if you get American flag stamps on your wedding invitations when its time to send them out. I probably bought it back in the summer.


To all my penny pinching brides out there, how did you handle the hidden cost of stamps. Because there is no real way around spending hundreds of dollars on them. I welcome any suggestions. Keep saving those pennies. By the way I checked our wedding website  on the knot and I am under 400 days to go until my big day. Getting more excited everyday. 

1 comment:

  1. Best idea...use Postcards for the RSVP! It's almost half the price of regular stamps and from my experience it'll REALLY burn your soul when NOONE returns them :( As for the invitations, just use the lightest, but most sturdy paper you can find. I managed to send my invitations with 1 stamp, which made me VERY happy!!!

    ReplyDelete