Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Photography & Videography

So I have been really blessed to know someone who has a photography and videography company. I was looking online at prices of different companies and for a wedding package they run about $2,000.00 or more. Yea that is way too much in my opinion. I know their time and expertise on giving you  beautiful pictures is what you are paying for, but geez I cant afford that. One of my friends volunteered to do my videography and photography for me. YAY. She is excellent and she is going to bring one of her up and coming photographers up with her and I am coming out really good.

In my opinion, if you want nice pictures and don't want to pay a lot of money like me, the best advice I would have is to find an up and coming photographer who has done some weddings, but still needs to gain a reputation in the industry. They will charge you way less and you will still get amazing pictures. Also, since this is the age of internet albums and not hard copy pictures, ask for the cd and pick a few pictures to hang in your house to print and leave it at that. If you really want a book or something, there are so many websites that you can do a DIY book and it can look really nice. I have been reading a lot of wedding stuff, obviously, and it seem like all the "tips" on having an inexpensive wedding are still expensive or not practical. Like I read somewhere that in order to save money on photography at the reception, put cameras at every table and let your guests be the photographers. Um...good idea in theory, but who knows what the pictures will turn out like. LOL.

Maybe I am a bridezilla, and apparently I am according to this knot.com quiz I took last night. I still don't believe it because the choices they gave me were so unrealistic. But anyway I digress. One of my bridesmaids told me when I first got engaged, to find out what the "must have" things are at your wedding and splurge a little on those and then find ways to cut back in other areas. Great advice. For me its kinda the whole reception LOL since my family could populate a small island. So everything else is going from there. Well people, have a wonderful Saturday and Save Those Pennies.

No comments:

Post a Comment