Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Peddling My Pennies Idea

Hey everyone. I hope you all had a good week. Mine was a little rough. I didn't get a job that I really wanted, had a little discouraging conversation with an old professor and got very little sleep. But, enough complaining. I am really enjoying telling everyone who asks about my pennies blog and the fact that I am collecting change. Its just one of those things that people just look into their change purses and give me whats there. I know a LOT of people getting married either this year or next and almost everyone has told me that this pennies thing is a great idea.

To all my friends, family or even people I don't know, my best tip for saving money for a wedding is to get creative. This pennies idea came from a conversation with a few people and it has grown into something really fun and rather rewarding. Don't be afraid to break the "wedding rules". Some people may look down on the fact that I am asking people to donate change to my cause, but who cares. People genuinely want to help you. Friends and family genuinely want to help you, but if you don't ask for help you won't get any help. Don't be afraid to break a few rules. Tap into your creative part and as my godmother would say "let those creative juices flow" and see what you can do to get your friends and family or even perfect strangers involved in your wedding process.

Ok, on to wedding plans. Everything is going pretty smoothly. The next thing I want to start and plan and get ideas for is my rehearsal dinner. This can sometimes be an afterthought if you aren't really careful. I've been to several kinds of rehearsal dinners. The big fancy kind and the chill laid back kind. Mine may be a little on the in between side. My MOH gave me the idea to use a little creativity and ask some friends and family to cook a dish and have the dinner in the church fellowship hall. Since I already have the hall booked for the day before anyway, I wanted to use it for the rehearsal dinner. But, catering can be a little expensive. We could decorate the hall really pretty and have a couple friends and family members cook some good food and voila, a rehearsal dinner. I really liked the idea, I just hope my honey will.

Well thats in for now. Enjoy your Saturday evening. Remember to be creative and save those pennies.

No comments:

Post a Comment