Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, June 17, 2011

Savings Thanks To My Fellow Brides



I know quite a few people who are getting married within the next year. And of course we talk about wedding ideas and what methods we are using to save money. My childhood friend who was one of my inspirations for doing this blog has been giving me some really great ideas for penny saving ideas. The latest idea she had on her blog was decorating your own unity candle. Love It. She found a Word template, some vellum paper, a hot glue gun and some leftover ribbon and went for it. Here was her inspiration:

Monogram Unity Candle Set - Available in 89 different ribbon colors - WITHOUT JEWELPIECES

And here is what her candle turned out like:


I love this idea. It gives a wonderful personal touch to your wedding and also something beautiful to display after you get married. Ray I hope you don't mind that I took some of your pictures. But this is definitely something that I can do. Get the candles from the dollar store and go for it. Talk about saving money. These things can run you $30-$40 for personalized ones. Hey every little penny counts.

Now another one of my fellow brides showed me her hairpiece for her wedding at work the other day. Then she told me how much she paid for it. I think she said she paid like $20 for 2 hair decorations. From eBay. So i decided to take a little visit to eBay and see what I could find. Oh yea. plenty of tiaras for like $10. Do you know how much these things cost at bridal stores? At least $100.00. Way too much for this penny pinching bride. Now the trick will be finding a reliable seller who has one that I like for a low price. But, good thing I have another year to keep a look out for one that I really like. Yup this week has been full of great money saving ideas. I hope everyone enjoys your weekend and save those pennies.  


1 comment:

  1. good stuff, and no I don't mind!!!! go for it you can do it.

    ReplyDelete