Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Flowers for a Self Professed NON Bridezilla

So a year from now I will be reflecting on the fact that the next day will be my last day as an unmarried woman. It seems like just yesterday when John "put a ring on it". I cannot wait to be married. I am getting really excited and sometimes when I think about it, a little scared because I have never been married before.

But anyway to the heart of the matter of this post. The flowers for this wedding, I have no clue what I want for the ceremony. All I know is that I do NOT want real flowers. Why? Well I have never been big on flowers anyway so why start now? I mean don't get me wrong they are pretty and everything and when John gives them to me "just because" they are nice. But, I just don't want to be bothered with real flowers on my wedding day.

So, with that said, what exactly do I want the bridesmaids to walk down the aisle with? And more importantly, what do I want to walk down the aisle with? My aunt did the centerpieces for my uncle and aunt's 20 wedding anniversary party and she did a GREAT job. But, here is my dilemma, I don't want to be a bridezilla and have my family do everything for the wedding. I am picking out enough as it is and John has already given up on doing anything. They are calling me "Dawnzilla" :-( I am not a bridezilla, I just want to have a beautiful wedding on a budget. Flowers can easily blow your budget out of the water. So what is this frugal bride to do? Be a bridezilla and have my family do everything or share the responsibilities and give up some of the control? Sounds like an easy decision, but I my pennies are precious and I don't want to spend more than I have to.

For the record, I really am not a Bridezilla, I just know what I want. Is that the catch phrase for bridezillas? LOL Anyway...enjoy your day and save those pennies :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment