Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, August 19, 2011

First Successful Project

So I finished my MCAT yesterday. It didn't go too badly, but I have to wait about a month to get my scores back. I am so happy that I am done with that. Well on to wedding stuff.

I am so excited that my stamp idea is going to happen. If you haven't been reading, I bought some little organza gift bags for candy. I saw on a blog one night that someone used Staz-on ink to stamp their organza bags with a design. I was looking for a way to personalize the bags without adding tags to them. I was really excited about this because it looked really cool. Well of course I was going to get super color coordinated and buy blue and gray ink to stamp gray on the blue bags and blue on the silver bags. I bought the grey ink and it didn't work. Sad face. The gray was way too light to be seen on the bags. So, I went back to Joann Fabrics armed with my trusty coupons. Just to let you all know, the ink was originally $10.00, but it was on sale for 30% off and I had a coupon for another 20% off so I got the ink for $5.00.

Well I tested the stamping idea with the black ink and it work! YAY happy face. Here are some tester pictures. These are not the stamps that I will be using for the wedding. I am getting a stamp made from an Etsy.com designer. Well, here is a picture of how the stamping test went. I am super happy if you can't tell LOL.

The stamp that I am getting made is going to compliment the design on my invitations and other stationary for the day. It will do double duty because I am going to use it for my reply cards and try my hand at embossing. Gotta test that before I commit to it though. Loving the DIY stuff. So much fun. Yup first successful project. The ink was on sale too so that makes it even better. Well I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday night. Enjoy and save those pennies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment