Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Praying for Rain



I haven't written a blog in a while. I am really focused on reaching my dreams and the next step is taking the MCATs. I am really determined to get what I need to get into the school that I want to go to for medical school. In order to make all of my dreams come true I am praying for rain.

My first blog likened the pennies on the ground to rain that fell from heaven. I need God to shower down lots of blessings, not only monetarily, but with peace and intetelligence on my test. Yes, I need money for school, med school applications and wedding expenses, but I know God will provide. He always does. I will look up a year from now and read this blog and testify that God sent rain just for me.

I know He will rain down lots of peace on Thursday when I sit in front of that computer and take my test. I have been taking practice MCATs twice a week for the past month so that Thursday will feel like a regular practice test. I know that I have the mind of Christ, and can use that to think my way through the tricky questions and answers. Most of all, I know that God has given me a purpose that I need to fulfill. A destiny that I will touch many lives in some way.

My wedding plans are on hold a little bit. The only thing I really have done is bought the ink to stamp my bags, but I haven't tested the ink out yet. I will have some pictures of that when I test it out. Hopefully it turns out nicely. I am also in contact with an Etsy designer on making a personalized stamp to use on my bags and possibly on my reply cards. I think I am going to put a border on the reply cards and use the stamp and emboss it to make it look a little more fancy. I have also decided not to do the candy buffet. Ehhh it was a fun idea, but I don't think it will fit in with everything. Cookie table (for John) and candy table, yea that's a bit much LOL.  All in all I will come in under budget for my wedding favors and invitations. I have been updating my budget as I get real numbers from vendors and I am shaving cost off left and right. I love it when family members decide they want to help and when you find sales and stuff. I am pretty happy with my progress.

I have ten more months to go. I am getting really exited. Every time I see something that has to do with wedding stuff on tv I get a little teary eyed thinking about how I will feel on my big day. I am still waiting on my final guest list. (Ms. Pam if you read this I need your list hehe). A couple more months and I will be sending out save the dates. Its all coming up so fast. I will be starting my stress management with my coworker Kim after my MCATs. Tennis. It should be fun. Hopefully I don't lose any weight LOL.

Well, now I am rambling. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Remember to save those pennies.

No comments:

Post a Comment