Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Little of Everything

Not much to talk about as far as wedding stuff. The most I have done was order my personalized stamp that I am going to use for EVERYTHING. I love it. The Etsy designer did such a great job at making it fit in with my design. Once it comes in I am going to start personalizing my gift bags so that will be out of the way. Anybody want to volunteer to stamp 240 bags with me? It will be super fun. Hint Hint bridesmaids hehe.

I also officially ordered my bridesmaids gifts. The money came out of my account and everything. Super geeked about how much I saved. Let's just say I bought 5 sets for the price of one. Yes that's how serious of a sale it was.

Flower time. I called the church to set up an appointment to look at the decorations for the ceremony. Like I said before, this is not my favorite thing to organize, but it has to be done. I am not really a flower person so I probably am just gonna give them a picture of what I want the aisle to look like and the colors and say have at it. As long as it doesn't look fussy. I like clean looks. Simple but quirky. That't my personal style. Still super happy that my aunt is gifting the bridal party flowers. So I need to get swatches and choose some flowers that I like so she can do her thing. Any suggestions on flowers other than roses that would look nice in blue and silver? Suggestions are welcome.

So, I started asking for the guest list and I am going to tell you, I am jealous of my coworker's easy peasy guest list. Me and John's family includes step families, people so close they are like family, family members that literally do not talk to each other, and just plain annoying people and that's putting things lightly. The invitations are going to be the easiest part of this whole guest list situation. Keep in mind we are only having 200 close friends and family at the reception so who is going to get a reception invitation is going to be interesting.

I am still working on my save the dates. They are really cute so far. I have to look for some paper for my invitations and keep tweaking my design. Definitely going to emboss some stuff like the envelopes and my reply cards.

This is all getting real. Nine months left to go and we start counseling soon. If I can last through the next 9 months with school, work, med school apps and wedding planning I just may amaze myself. Well everyone, enjoy your day. Take some time to enjoy the little things in life. Save those pennies.

No comments:

Post a Comment