Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sales Are A Thrifty Brides Best Friend





So, I just had the best news any bride could hear and especially a thrifty bride. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I found the gift for my bridesmaids a couple of weeks ago. The sales person told me that they would be $3.00 cheaper if I came back for the Labor Day sale. Of course, I was going to come back later to save $3.00 who wouldn't? Well, probably my lovely groom hehe. Well, I waited until Labor Day to go back and I was chilling out with John because I really wanted him to go with me and see them. He was cleaning his house after a weekend of partying it up with the best man Dave for his birthday, so he told me to go without him. He suggested I go to South Hills mall because it was closer to his house. Yea, I considered it, but something told me to just go back to Monroeville where I initially saw the set. So, I went back across town to buy my gifts. This is when the best thing happened. The lady who I was talking to the first time about the set was there and she remembered me. I told her I was back to order the 5 sets of jewelry.

Well, I think what really happened was she saw dollar signs in commission and for some reason started throwing out sales and coupons. After everything was said and done I got like 75% off of the original price of the set. Since I don't want any of my bridesmaids to see their gift, I'm not gonna post any pictures and don't want to give away the price. But, let me tell you, my gift originally costed more the the Bulova watches John is getting his groomsmen, but ended up being within my budget and less than John's gifts. Yes, I was concerned that my bridesmaids were going to get jipped. I was afraid they were going to wish they were groomsmen instead of bridesmaids. All I will say is that they are sterling silver with Swarovski crystals. They are so pretty, I love them. And now I love them even more because of the great deal I got on them. I now will be able to afford to give them a couple of little fun things that match their personality.

Bottom line, shopping during holiday sales are probably the best way to go when buying wedding stuff. I know that was one of my tips, but it is so true. Love it. Save those pennies everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment