Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, September 19, 2011

I Love My Grandma



All last week I was thinking about my grandma. I really miss having her here. She would always hound me about wearing make up and fixing my hair because she was a beauty queen. She never went anywhere without having her make up done to perfection and her hair done. She changed purses almost everyday and her jewelry drawer could have filled a small boutique. If you had the pleasure of knowing my her you probably have a similar memory of her. Since my wedding is coming up I wanted to find a way to honor my grandma. I was looking up some ways that deceased relatives are honored at a wedding ceremony, but none of them really fit the bill.

These are the two most popular suggestions I found on websites:

1. Put flowers in the seats that they would have normally sat.
2. Write a poem in the program that honors them.

The thing is I don't want it to be a sad tribute, but I want to honor her in a way that fits my grandma's personality. I am already planning to wear some of her jewelry as my something old, but that just doesn't seem like enough. I need some help coming up with creative ways to honor her. Anyone who knows her or knew about her, it would be really helpful to have your input. I am definitely going to put something in the program along with a tribute to John's parents.

Speaking of John's parents, I want to do something special for them too but I didn't know them. I hope John will help me find the perfect way to honor them on such a special day. Its always hard to experience such a big milestone in your life without the ones who helped get you to that milestone. Since I consider myself to be a pretty creative person, I don't want these tributes to be just average. I want them to be extra special. They were extra special people in our lives and they deserve to be a part of the ceremony in some way even if it is a small way.

I think that's all for today. My grandma has just been on my mind the past couple weeks. I would appreciate any suggestions. If you did something that was received really well, let me know about it. I hope everyone has a great night. Save those pennies.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One sweet way to remember loved ones is to place a picture of them in a locket and have it tied to your bouquet. happy planning!

    ReplyDelete