Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, July 31, 2011

I Need DIY Help

Hey everyone. I hope your summer is going really well. I know I have had a very fun and busy summer. An even mix of studying and fun. My pennies are adding up pretty well.

I made my first official wedding purchase. I saw these bags online that I wanted to use for my candy buffet. So, I  had to weigh my options. I could go with the cheaper bags that would be easy to personalize with a sticker, but they are bigger and I would have to buy more candy since the bags are bigger.

They are paper so not as classy and not really what I was looking for. Plus some of the reviews said when they go them in the mail the colors were different. So I looked at some cloth bags that were really pretty, but a little more expensive.
So this penny pinching bride went onto Amazon.com and found these same organza bags for the same price that the paper bags would have been with shipping fees. I am so happy. I got the prettier ones, I just hope that I like them. That's the downfall of buying stuff online. 

The real reason I am writing this blog is to get some ideas from all the crafty people out there on how to personalize these gift bags. Someone suggested putting a hanging tag on them like on gift bags. I just don't know what kind of materials I could use. What do you guys think would look nice with these bags? Thanks in advance for you suggestions.

My goal is to come under budget and spend about $100.00 on the candy to stock the bar. I know I want Swedish fish and Jolly Ranchers because that's what me and John like, but I will get some filler candy that everybody likes. Gotta go coupon searching so that I can get enough candy. Welp, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Save those pennies.

No comments:

Post a Comment