Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Top Ten Penny Saving Tips in Five Days (2/5)


Saving money is actually pretty fun, well at least for me. Its like a challenge to see how much I can actually save. The best part about it is getting great product for the least amount of money. Here are my next two penny saving tips:

3. DIY Projects: If you aren't very crafty, this may not be the best way to save money. But, there are some great ideas out there that are pretty simple. I myself plan on doing quite a few DIY projects. The biggest penny saving project I plan to do is my wedding veil. Youtube has a great video on how to make one and it is really easy. Marthastewart.com/weddings has a lot of great DIY ideas along with templates and other things you need to make them easy. The best part of DIY projects is that you can make your wedding extra special with ideas that are really personalized. Have some fun and experiment. You never know what you will come up with.

4. Search eBay: I am not really an internet shopper, but I think it is worth a shot after looking at some tiaras and other wedding accessories people are selling out there. You can really save a lot of money on these things if you have the time to research and find something you really like on eBay. I just browsed the site a few weeks ago and saw some really cute head pieces for WAY less than you would get in a bridal store. If you have the time to shop around online and get a good deal, go for it. Make sure they are reputable sellers and also make sure you order it with plenty of time to spare before your wedding just in case something happens.

Well, enjoy your day and remember to save those pennies.

1 comment:

  1. I got my shoes for 1/2 price on ebay which is nice since I only wore them about an hour!!! I also got my ringbearer and my son's tuxes for less than 1/2 of what it would have cost them to rent!!!! i <3 ebay

    ReplyDelete