Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, March 14, 2011

Something Old

When I went to buy my wedding dress, the sales associate kept bringing out wedding accessories that would go with my dress. Things like shoes, veil, jewelry etc, you know trying to up sale me and get her commission. I tried on most of her suggestions except when it came to the jewelry.

See my grandma was a beauty queen from way back. She had so much jewelry, beautiful and classic pieces. She passed away in December :'(  About 2 months ago, I decided that I was going to wear some of her jewelry on my wedding day. On my wedding day I know that I will have her voice in my head telling me to put on some more lipstick or envisioning her fixing my veil as I look in the mirror. She would definitely do that and I will miss it. We were all so close to our grandma and I just want a piece of her with me as I walk down the aisle. I only hope that I can experience the love that she had with her husband, my grandfather.

My brother came into town this weekend and wanted to go to my grandmas apartment before he left. So I went over there with him tonight and decided to look for a couple pairs of earrings to try with my dress when it comes in. My grandma will be greatly missed, but a piece of her will be with me as my "something old". I love you grandma. O:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment