Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wedding Dress = 40,000 pennies

I found my wedding dress a few weeks back and we are going back today to buy it. This is a belated birthday gift from my mom (my birthday was a week after John proposed). But once I started saving my pennies, I started looking at everything as "how many pennies would that cost"? For some things it makes it seem more attainable like my wedding dress or a small car would be 1,200,000 pennies. I found out that 1.2 million pennies are thrown away every year. I mean come on, people are throwing away a small car every year. That's just in pennies. Think about all change in general that you throw in a cup somewhere or falls in between the couch and you forget about.

My tip for finding a wedding dress for a good price to to just give yourself time to look. It took me about 4 months of looking at different styles to find one I absolutely loved that was within my price range. There are a lot of options out there to save your pennies and go into debt pay for a thousand dollar wedding dress. Check out sample sales, David's Bridal is very reasonable in price and is constantly having sales, look on the internet for brides selling their dresses on ebay, thrift stores sometimes have dresses and since it so cheap you can buy it and modify it for less than the cost of a regularly priced dress. There are so many ways to get what you want and save money.

I know people probably think I am crazy for even attempting something like this, even my mother. She said I was getting desperate. Of course she never had a large wedding lol. Anyone who has ever helped anyone plan a wedding or has planned a wedding themselves thinks its a pretty cool idea. I have found that whenever I tell people what I am trying to do, they usually dig into their pocket and pull out a couple of pennies and give them to me. Nobody cares about pennies. LOL. Well I do. I have found 72 pennies, a dime and a quarter so that's 107 pennies over the past week. I am well on my way to reaching my goal. I will not be throwing away my pennies.

How many cars or wedding dresses have you thrown away in your lifetime? Hmmm.

1 comment:

  1. UM, A wedding on pennies! How cute is this...I love to see you blogging it's so fun once you get into it!!!!! Where did you find a dress for $400?!?!?!?! pictures?

    ReplyDelete